More signs of M&A activity in the junior gold mining and exploration stocks with the announcement that Blue Gold Mining (BGX.v) will merge with Riverstone (RVS.v).
Blue Gold spent much of its life as a well funded cash shell with an extremely strong board.
I had assumed that they would be able to acquire a number of struggling projects and provide financing, Nolan Watson of Sandstorm Royalties was also on the board.
Blue Gold's activity in British Columbia, Canada, with Puget has disappointed and it now seems that the Riverstone name will survive but the board will be joined by some of the team from Blue Gold which includes Mark O'Dea who built the very successful Fronteer Gold, ( sold to Newmont for >$2bn).
Board experience of both exploration and mine start up.
Riverstone have been discussed by HRA, Eric Coffin, and could progress to 100k oz pa production from Karma for limited capital and provide exploration "sizzle" at Liguidi in up and coming Burkina Faso. PEA in place, PFS in 2013.
(See Regional Exploration Page / West Africa on this blog for more on the region's exploration and gold mining activity)
Interesting presentation on the Riverstone Website
- Site Map - Guide
- Good People In Good Projects
- Junior Gold with a Major Mining Shareholder
- Gold Merger and Acquisition Targets - Denver Gold Companies
- Emerging Multi-Project Consolidators - Growth - Mergers & Acquisitions plus
- Project Generators
- Emerging Gold Producers
- Old Gold Mines - New Exploration
- Regional Exploration
- Gold & Silver Discovery Stocks
- Large Low Grade Gold Deposits
- Silver Miners . . . . . .
- Junior Gold Stock Newsletter Picks
- Junior Gold Miners Stock Selection & Trading . . . . . . .
- Due Diligence - Gold Deposits, Production & $/oz
- Gold PEA / PFS / DFS / BFS Company Updates - NI 43-101 / JORC
- PDAC 2012 - Core Shack
- News - Stock Movers - Insiders - Broker Upgrades - Earnings - Warrants
- Why Gold ?