Carlos Slim's Precious Metal Mining company, Minera Frisco, announced the purchase of Aurico's Ocampo mine and exploration assets in Chihuahua state Mexico for $750m.
Ocampo was the old Gammon Gold mine.
Aurico's stock jumped 20% higher, they will focus on Young Davidson in Canada and the former Capital Gold assets in Mexico.
So why did the world's richest man want a mine which has always struggled to fulfil its promise under Gammon and Aurico?
- Site Map - Guide
- Good People In Good Projects
- Junior Gold with a Major Mining Shareholder
- Gold Merger and Acquisition Targets - Denver Gold Companies
- Emerging Multi-Project Consolidators - Growth - Mergers & Acquisitions plus
- Project Generators
- Emerging Gold Producers
- Old Gold Mines - New Exploration
- Regional Exploration
- Gold & Silver Discovery Stocks
- Large Low Grade Gold Deposits
- Silver Miners . . . . . .
- Junior Gold Stock Newsletter Picks
- Junior Gold Miners Stock Selection & Trading . . . . . . .
- Due Diligence - Gold Deposits, Production & $/oz
- Gold PEA / PFS / DFS / BFS Company Updates - NI 43-101 / JORC
- PDAC 2012 - Core Shack
- News - Stock Movers - Insiders - Broker Upgrades - Earnings - Warrants
- Why Gold ?