- Site Map - Guide
- Good People In Good Projects
- Junior Gold with a Major Mining Shareholder
- Gold Merger and Acquisition Targets - Denver Gold Companies
- Emerging Multi-Project Consolidators - Growth - Mergers & Acquisitions plus
- Project Generators
- Emerging Gold Producers
- Old Gold Mines - New Exploration
- Regional Exploration
- Gold & Silver Discovery Stocks
- Large Low Grade Gold Deposits
- Silver Miners . . . . . .
- Junior Gold Stock Newsletter Picks
- Junior Gold Miners Stock Selection & Trading . . . . . . .
- Due Diligence - Gold Deposits, Production & $/oz
- Gold PEA / PFS / DFS / BFS Company Updates - NI 43-101 / JORC
- PDAC 2012 - Core Shack
- News - Stock Movers - Insiders - Broker Upgrades - Earnings - Warrants
- Why Gold ?
Thursday, 29 May 2014
Improving Productivity in Mining
Whilst this is a promo article from a software company there are some interesting perspectives from Dundee Precious Metals and Anglogold on how far behind the curve the mining industry is against the lean manufacturing and process control improvements that manufacturers have followed for many years. Basic data capture, controls and visualisation are key. This attention to detail will improve unit costs in a sustainable way which contrasts with simply high-grading mines. For such an incredibly capital intensive industry the focus on operational excellence seems to have been lacking.