A great article by Brent Cook outlining some of the miners' problems which drive him to believe there will be growing demand for quality discoveries and deposits.
Processing more tonnes at lower grade / higher costs
Reducing costs in the short term by high-grading will sterilise deposits and resources without much higher metal prices
Easy discoveries are gone - discovery will be harder and more expensive - big discoveries are likely to be deeper and under cover which may also mean higher production costs
Miners must replace reserves, ideally with quality - Kinross example
I will add a reference to the National Bank Financial Gold Production Cliff which suggests an industry wide fall off without new discovery and development
- Site Map - Guide
- Good People In Good Projects
- Junior Gold with a Major Mining Shareholder
- Gold Merger and Acquisition Targets - Denver Gold Companies
- Emerging Multi-Project Consolidators - Growth - Mergers & Acquisitions plus
- Project Generators
- Emerging Gold Producers
- Old Gold Mines - New Exploration
- Regional Exploration
- Gold & Silver Discovery Stocks
- Large Low Grade Gold Deposits
- Silver Miners . . . . . .
- Junior Gold Stock Newsletter Picks
- Junior Gold Miners Stock Selection & Trading . . . . . . .
- Due Diligence - Gold Deposits, Production & $/oz
- Gold PEA / PFS / DFS / BFS Company Updates - NI 43-101 / JORC
- PDAC 2012 - Core Shack
- News - Stock Movers - Insiders - Broker Upgrades - Earnings - Warrants
- Why Gold ?