Once its gets full control of the joint venture Fresnillo will have an annualised production capacity of around 600,000-620,000 ounces of gold before ramping up to 750,000 ounces by 2018. The latter target could be raised further once the board approves development of the Mega Centauro and Centauro Deep projects, a spokesman said. Fresnillo operates three other mines in Mexico and expects to produce 43 million ounces of silver this year. Fresnillo is considering hedging part of the extra gold production it will get through the acquisition.
- Site Map - Guide
- Good People In Good Projects
- Junior Gold with a Major Mining Shareholder
- Gold Merger and Acquisition Targets - Denver Gold Companies
- Emerging Multi-Project Consolidators - Growth - Mergers & Acquisitions plus
- Project Generators
- Emerging Gold Producers
- Old Gold Mines - New Exploration
- Regional Exploration
- Gold & Silver Discovery Stocks
- Large Low Grade Gold Deposits
- Silver Miners . . . . . .
- Junior Gold Stock Newsletter Picks
- Junior Gold Miners Stock Selection & Trading . . . . . . .
- Due Diligence - Gold Deposits, Production & $/oz
- Gold PEA / PFS / DFS / BFS Company Updates - NI 43-101 / JORC
- PDAC 2012 - Core Shack
- News - Stock Movers - Insiders - Broker Upgrades - Earnings - Warrants
- Why Gold ?
Saturday, 13 September 2014
Gold M&A - Fresnillo Buyout Newmont's Penmont Stake in Mexico
Fresnillo will move closer towards being a balanced Silver and Gold producer with their $450m buyout of Newmont from their Penmont business in Mexico.