The Association for Mineral Exploration - British Columbia (AME-BC) promotes mineral exploration in Western Canada.
However their Roundup Abstracts are excellent reading on exploration across Canada and by Canadian companies Internationally.................more....
The Northern Miner special publication marking their 100th anniversary is a good history of the region. HERE
Their annual Roundup show in Vancouver, shortly after the Cambridge House event, describes itself as "The world's premier technical mineral exploration conference"
The detailed schedule of the conference does appear to be aimed much more at economic geologists and mining specialists than the typical investor/promoter shows. It seems possible that some of the more purely promotional companies cannot easily face such an audience.
Whilst the primary focus, as expected, is promotion of BC companies, there is also a great deal of general review of global exploration highlights.
"Abstracts" are published for the conference each year and these are excellent coverage of a great many quality global companies and exploration projects.
2012 Exhibitors List - yet to see 2013 list
An interesting link from the AME site is to the University of British Columbia's Mineral Deposit Research Unit MDRU. With industry partners they are engaged in a number of projects in geologically interesting global exploration regions.
The Tethyan Mineral Belt
- Site Map - Guide
- Good People In Good Projects
- Junior Gold with a Major Mining Shareholder
- Gold Merger and Acquisition Targets - Denver Gold Companies
- Emerging Multi-Project Consolidators - Growth - Mergers & Acquisitions plus
- Project Generators
- Emerging Gold Producers
- Old Gold Mines - New Exploration
- Regional Exploration
- Gold & Silver Discovery Stocks
- Large Low Grade Gold Deposits
- Silver Miners . . . . . .
- Junior Gold Stock Newsletter Picks
- Junior Gold Miners Stock Selection & Trading . . . . . . .
- Due Diligence - Gold Deposits, Production & $/oz
- Gold PEA / PFS / DFS / BFS Company Updates - NI 43-101 / JORC
- PDAC 2012 - Core Shack
- News - Stock Movers - Insiders - Broker Upgrades - Earnings - Warrants
- Why Gold ?