Quarterly Reports on Hedging and De-hedging amongst the miners. .....more .....
Hedging is often a requirement of mine financing, companies which are hedged secure the finance to get into production and are protected from the downside in metal prices, selling at fixed or minimum/maximum prices.
During a bull run for gold however their leverage to the upside in metal prices is limited and investors may stay away from the stock.
Hedges can often be bought out so company sentiment can be changed as companies work through or pay off hedges.
I suspect at some point it will become very attractive for miners and developers to "guarantee" a return and progress certain projects, these may become "utility" return stocks. Clearly the guarantee requires that prices fixed for metals income are not eroded by inflation in input prices.
GFMS provide a quarterly survey of hedging activities
2012 Q3 2012 Q2 2012 Q1
2011 Q4 2011 Q3 2011 Q2 2011 Q1
- Site Map - Guide
- Good People In Good Projects
- Junior Gold with a Major Mining Shareholder
- Gold Merger and Acquisition Targets - Denver Gold Companies
- Emerging Multi-Project Consolidators - Growth - Mergers & Acquisitions plus
- Project Generators
- Emerging Gold Producers
- Old Gold Mines - New Exploration
- Regional Exploration
- Gold & Silver Discovery Stocks
- Large Low Grade Gold Deposits
- Silver Miners . . . . . .
- Junior Gold Stock Newsletter Picks
- Junior Gold Miners Stock Selection & Trading . . . . . . .
- Due Diligence - Gold Deposits, Production & $/oz
- Gold PEA / PFS / DFS / BFS Company Updates - NI 43-101 / JORC
- PDAC 2012 - Core Shack
- News - Stock Movers - Insiders - Broker Upgrades - Earnings - Warrants
- Why Gold ?