This article from Mining.com just about sums it up ...... the battle between the Bulls and Bears continues.
They point out that by the time QE1 was officially announced Gold was well off 2008 lows.
The fact that gold and the miners moved counter to the general stock market and moved up alongside the US Dollar might have some significance here.
Either Gold begins to act as a safe haven and moves up with the dollar, or gold anticipates easing to come from the Fed recognising a weaker US Dollar, or gold anticipates easing by all central banks in a race to the bottom for fiat money which aims to devalue the debt.
- Site Map - Guide
- Good People In Good Projects
- Junior Gold with a Major Mining Shareholder
- Gold Merger and Acquisition Targets - Denver Gold Companies
- Emerging Multi-Project Consolidators - Growth - Mergers & Acquisitions plus
- Project Generators
- Emerging Gold Producers
- Old Gold Mines - New Exploration
- Regional Exploration
- Gold & Silver Discovery Stocks
- Large Low Grade Gold Deposits
- Silver Miners . . . . . .
- Junior Gold Stock Newsletter Picks
- Junior Gold Miners Stock Selection & Trading . . . . . . .
- Due Diligence - Gold Deposits, Production & $/oz
- Gold PEA / PFS / DFS / BFS Company Updates - NI 43-101 / JORC
- PDAC 2012 - Core Shack
- News - Stock Movers - Insiders - Broker Upgrades - Earnings - Warrants
- Why Gold ?