Go Gold has recently announced bids, first for the Animas subsidiary controlling the Santa Gertrudis project in Mexico, and now for the whole company, for approx $10m, with significant shareholder lockups which followed a counter-offer by Marlin Gold.
Go Gold is led by the team who built Gammon Gold in Mexico and the stock price has remained relatively strong during the bear market, recently obtaining $35m financing from Orion Mine Finance (formerly part of Red Kite) - although other companies in that list may make you doubt where the smart money is.
Go Gold previously acquired a significant tailings project, Parral, which reports a low capex and high IRR , on which the Orion financing was based, and a large Mexican exploration land package.
Animas was a newsletter write favourite as it launched in 2008 tumbled into the crash and rebounded through to the end of 2010, crashing precisely at the start of 2011, well ahead of the price of gold, like so many venture companies as insiders exited and took profits. Somehow the venture index managed to keep running higher into March 2011. The Santa Gertrudis district has past producing mines and the newsletter story was around the prospectivity under a former Newmont geologist. Go Gold perhaps believe there is near term low capex production potential which might be a better use of the tailings income stream than a large district exploration programme. A nice 400-500% returns for recent buyers, but the charts show that to be very few stockholders.
- Site Map - Guide
- Good People In Good Projects
- Junior Gold with a Major Mining Shareholder
- Gold Merger and Acquisition Targets - Denver Gold Companies
- Emerging Multi-Project Consolidators - Growth - Mergers & Acquisitions plus
- Project Generators
- Emerging Gold Producers
- Old Gold Mines - New Exploration
- Regional Exploration
- Gold & Silver Discovery Stocks
- Large Low Grade Gold Deposits
- Silver Miners . . . . . .
- Junior Gold Stock Newsletter Picks
- Junior Gold Miners Stock Selection & Trading . . . . . . .
- Due Diligence - Gold Deposits, Production & $/oz
- Gold PEA / PFS / DFS / BFS Company Updates - NI 43-101 / JORC
- PDAC 2012 - Core Shack
- News - Stock Movers - Insiders - Broker Upgrades - Earnings - Warrants
- Why Gold ?